Project proposal Esha

RQ:How did covid impact education?

My message is that the pandemic had a huge impact on our learning and here are some ways we can help with it.

My audience would be the students that learn or are trying to learn in America

My genre would be an open letter. I chose this because it would be more organized for me to set this up and explain everything that I need to.

My plan would be that at first I would first brainstorm some ideas and than write them down and than ill organize my thoughts and see how to put the writing together.

The mentor text I would be using would be “My College Students Are Not OK” by Jonathan Malesik

1 thought on “Project proposal Esha”

1. Esha,

BE MORE SPECIFIC: My message is that the pandemic had a _______________(what kind of effect?). DO NOT BE NEUTRAL STATE YOUR MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR.

CLARIFY — why are students be the best audience? THINK — don’t students already know how the pandemic affected their learning? So why would they be your chosen audience?

BE MORE SPecific — Why have you chosen to write an open letter ? WHat are the elements of an open letter that will help you…SO for example you could write: In an open letter, I can address directly and speak directly to students.

BE SPECIFIC. WHY is an open letter the best genre to express your ideas? You write: I chose this because it would be more organized for me to set this up and explain everything that I need to. YOU CAN SAY THIS AB OUT ANY GENRE! BE SPECIFIC.

ANOTHER PROBLEM: You have chosen an op-ed for your Mentor Text — NO! GO to the mentor texts listed under Open Letter! Choose an Open Letter for your Mentor Text