Mapping Brooklyn Exhibit

Most maps in “mapping Brooklyn exhibit” are expressive, and they spontaneously- draw one’s attention to things and ideas which have been seen normal and familiar at first glance!

“71 Square Miles map” was most interesting to me because the artist utilized a crazy idea rarely one could think of ; collected paper scraps lying in streets as waste; shaped,and converted them in a useful task or work.  Really, a such work has surprised me!

If you look closely at the map, you’ll find how every paper litter expresses and reflects a certain location at a certain street;  this is the creativity that always requires patience and long suffering not disparately available only in an artist.

Viewing this exhibit changed the way I perceived maps.  My Perception of maps was no more than the traditional rigid conception of the sites geographically, but now  I have realized the idea that maps have become an art forms to accommodate the requirements of daily life in convenient and easy way.

My  daily movements and the subsequent communication requires a plan or method of operation so as to memorize tasks, and prevent tasks from interfering with each other. Map ensures the implementation of these everyday tasks optimally.