Google=Truth?

There’s been an online trend that if its not on Google, it doesn’t exist. This can be thrown into several proportions as people tend to believe too much into search engines. One in particular is Google as its been relied on for countless purposes. Admittedly I am a victim of this as well as I tend to rely on google for alot of work that I do and sometimes even just for basic task. This is a clear example of how people can be taken in by using it. Not all the time it can be true however as even though it holds alot of information, the government has a sturdy hand over what is kn the site as well. So sometimes things can be inaccurate but at the same time its so heavily relied on by the public which puts to question how useful it truly is. And its a clear example of how mass media is a issue in our society.

4 thoughts on “Google=Truth?

1. Johnathan

Not only is there the saying “If it’s not on the first page of Google, it doesn’t exist,” but there’s also a running gag online that if you have to go past the first page you’re very desperate. Google is used for so many trivial things, you can even google math equations or measurement conversions on it if you wanted to. If you googled “GM Stock” for example you would get a chart of GM’s stock for the day. Google has a lot of tools that people probably don’t even know about.

1. Elfatih Sobahielamin

I agree with you in what you said; moreover, google has tools of utmost importance in searching which are fast and easy to edit.
      Generally, dealing with google is straightforward from the first time since no programming or database skills needed, no software installation required, and make search results available from the most popular to least popular.
      Google search engine is so good in “ordering” the most relevant sites at the top of the results list by rating sites based on how many other sites link to it with the capability to Integrate with Google apps.
      Once again, I agree with your statement that, “Google has a lot of tools that people probably don’t even know about”.

2. fath

3. Kelly

I am a victim as well of using Google as my go to search engine. it is just so convenient for me. and it is true what johnathan said about ” if it is not on the first page, then I doesn’t exist.” I have a tendency to just search on the first page, and if I don’t find anything, I change the key terms for what I’m searching to see if I will get any better results. I LOVE GOOGLE.