Open Access to Any Information

Open data is a dream, and not a healthy one. Access to any possible information at any time for everyone for free will bring more problems than benefits. People just try not think about it deep, but for real – copyrighting, credibility, responsibilities from the both sides (users and contributors), hosting and many other moments are making the idea utopian. Moreover, same way as a gender gradation in wiki blogging I, personally, do not consider open data very seriously. Today it is not that important who posted more articles – men or women, same as for what information people has full access to. Right now we are living in an era of political, economical, financial and ecological crisis, that can easily end not in a good way for all of us. And this is showing us how regular people can’t deal with all presented information, even with limited data available, where facts presented nice and simple, regular users can’t see bright and are staying frustrated, which for example, can cost  life for seven shuttle crew members.

1 thought on “Open Access to Any Information

1. A.Morales

I understand what Pavel is saying in this blog. In having open access to any information for everyone can leave many possibilities. The question that comes to mind is, what information is going to be distributed for all to access, and what will this information be used for?

Mitchell Kapor says, “Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.” If that’s true, then I can’t imagine what open access would be like.

The only way we would truly know the results of having open access to any information is if it actually happens. I wonder…