OddFellows

OddFellows Ice Cream Co.

175 Kent Ave,

Broolyn, NY 11249

A former pastry chef from wd~50, Sam Mason, opened OddFellows with Mohan and Holiday Kumar. This ice cream shop is not an ordinary ice cream shop; this ice cream shop creates the most unique ice cream flavors. It all started when Holiday Kumar was pregnant and she was experiencing the unique cravings on ice creams like fried chicken ice cream or coconut water ice cream. These unique flavors started from Holiday’s cravings. Sam Mason have already created more than 200 flavors between their opening day (2011) until 2016. OddFellows are constantly changing their ice cream flavors, having different flavors every day.

5 thoughts on “OddFellows

1. Nicholas Kandros

This is a nice little shop with a delicious selection of ice cream. It is modern newly renovated with freshly painted walls and framed art work. I tried one ice cream flavor and one sorbet. The ice cream flavor was toasted sesame nutella and the sorbet flavor was lemon&basil. Both were pretty good but I liked the second one better. The first one tasted too “natural’ to me and was a bit bitter from the basil. I was hoping for a more citrusy and refreshing finish to cleanse the palate.

1. tyquan23

During our Williamsburg Food tour Oddfellows was the last stop located 175 Kent Ave. When i first walked in the shop the atomsphere gave me 1960’s vibes during the babyboomers ages. Love the way they had different type of framed art work on the walls. I could not try all the flavors because i retain milk products so i had the pleasure of trying the Lime basil sorbet which was scrumptious. It had a bitter taste at first then ended off with sour and you can definetly taste the basil.

2. Jenicia B

Odd Fellows ice cream shop has a circus theme decor with red and white striped walls and contains clowns, monkies, large mirrors and puppets. There is a wide selection of different flavored ice creams and sorbets, milkshakes, floats and sundaes. All of their ice creams and other goods are made in house from scratch. I sampled the Saffron Passionfruit and Banana Pudding Ice Cream.

I love the saffron passion fruit because it was a blend of sweet and semi salt flavor. It was really moist and felt buttery soft. There was a hint of Saffron taste however I felt like the passion fruit had more of an over powering taste. But still really delicious. The Banana Pudding was also very savory. Not too sweet and not to bland. It had small bits of a soft breadish feeling which reminded me of eating banana bread pudding at Magnolia Bakery. I also purchased the Boozy Popsicle. It is made from Ròse, sugar, water and glucose powder. It has a pinkish bluish hue and a sweet strawberry taste. Oddfellows is the perfect ice cream getaway and I will definitely return to see what new creative flavors they have.

3. Jenicia B

4. Stephanie Montas

Oddfellows IceCream shop truly offers odd flavors. The shop itself is a comfortable size with a red and white Americana color scheme that gives it a 1950’s diner feel.
    The only flavor I tried was the saffron passion fruit ice cream and I did not like it. I expected a pungent sweet taste from the passion fruit but it instead tasted like sour apricots. I also expected savory notes from the saffron and I did not get any, instead I got a strong nutty flavor from the pistachios. I did not enjoy this flavor but I would return to try out other flavors!