Shrimp buns

While walking through my neighborhood of the lower east side/ east village I happened to walk by a bar. Not the type of bar with a happy hour I mean a Noodle Bar. It’s called Momofuku Noodle Bar located at 171 first avenue. I decided to stop in on that cold day for some ramen or soup to warm me up. Instead I stumbled upon a shrimp bun which caught my attention and the attention of the line of people waiting to order it . Im not a huge fan of sushi or seafood but I decided to take a chance and join the line. But when i received my hot and steamy plate i saw a bun but no shrimp. But as i looked more closely the shrimp was in a square shape and fried. While the bun was soft and fluffy. These two components of the crunchy  shrimp and soft buns is a unique combination. Not one that i was a fan of. I took about 3 more bites and decided i couldn’t finish it. The flavors and texture weren’t a good combination to me. I felt as if if the buns should have been toasted to compliment the fried shrimp. But I do recommend this place to anyone who loves ramen or seafood.