Happy Bowls :)

This generation of foodies have been luckier then the previous generations. By that i mean the unique and different creations that have been coming out. For instance the Acai Bowl have been a popular food trend lately. More difficult than trying to pronounce it, is where did it come from? The Acai na tigela is a Brazilian cuisine made of mashed Acai palm fruit with your other choices of fruits. I visited Happy Bowls located on 61 4th ave which is famous for their Acai bowls or Happy bowls as they call it. I decided to go with the Beach Bowl. The beach bowl is served in a pineapple with bananas, acas, coconut shavings, strawberries, blueberries and apples. on my first bite i felt as if I was transported to a beach. The flavor and taste of the acai along with the other fruits were refreshing and cooling. I wasn’t too sure of how the Acai would taste due to the appearance but I was pleasantly surprised at how refreshing it tasted with almost a hint of chocolate as an aftertaste. Although I would recommend this as a dish for the summer or spring the Acai bowl is good for all seasons!