A collaborative project I worked on was a report for an event campaign called Shop Bleecker. Shop Bleecker was a community revalidation project that aims to stimulate commerce on Bleecker street and throughout the surrounding neighborhood. My supervisor needed me to go by the ā€œbrandingā€ or direction that was used for the campaign last year. The direction has been done by an agency called Design Italia. When I was on my own, I researched this agency and I found their work amazing, which covered everything from branding to design experience. I also used the deck they used to present the various directions they were offering for the design of the event. Well for this project I had to collaborate a lot between different interns and my supervisor. The report had various graphs that displayed information about the businesses that participated and how much engagement they got from participating. I had to consult with event planning interns and one of the staff of the Chamber to verify all the info. Sometimes, I would see graphs that didnā€™t make sense or I would see a graph that displayed percentages in a bar graph, so I would go over to the people I was working with and asked them if I could remove and change those graphs. Overall, there was a lot of going back and forth with what was being included in the report.

For the most part, I was the only person working on the design. There were only two interns at the Chamber at that time. The other intern besides me worked on making flyers for events. I took care of most of the design for the Shop Bleecker report. I made sure everything had visualĀ hierarchy and read well. I designed the charts and bars. I used the color scheme that was used in the presentation deck. I used styles and named all of the layers so that other design interns have an easier time navigating the file. Although, I was the only person there that had InDesign. I was proud that I was experienced using InDesign because it allowed me to deliver a well-designed report. At the end, my supervisor was really impressed and I was happy to work on this project.

Shop Bleecker Report