As City Tech students, we are constantly worrying about whether our skills will serve us in the future. the same case is when we go ahead and apply for internships. In my case, I am totally confident that the skills I am currently learning these skills serve me when it comes to executing designs at my internship.

There are many instances when what I have learned at CityTech has helped me at my internship. For example, at my internship, I work on making flyers and reports. At first, I noticed that many of the previous flyers were too different and did not reflect the branding of the organization I am interning for. I decided to look at all of the flyers and designs and figure out the brand of the Greenwich Chelsea Chamber of Commerce, that’s the name of the organization I intern for. It is not perfect or mostly done, but I have been working on building a design system. That is one of the many things I have learned throughout college.

Most of my experience at my internship can be traced back to the foundations of designs and the things you learn early on but that are important to get down. Some of these basics I have made use of are color theory, composition, hierarchy, and contrast. It comes down to the basics and that’s most of what I rely on for my internship.

Some project where you may see the skills I’ve used

Participation tier to an event campaign I helped with