A collaborative project I worked on was a report for an event campaign called Shop Bleecker. Shop Bleecker was a community revalidation project that aims to stimulate commerce on Bleecker street and throughout the surrounding neighborhood. My supervisor needed me to go by the “branding” or direction that was used for the campaign last year. The direction has been done by an agency called Design Italia. When I was on my own, I researched this agency and I found their work amazing, which covered everything from branding to design experience. I also used the deck they used to present the various directions they were offering for the design of the event. Well for this project I had to collaborate a lot between different interns and my supervisor. The report had various graphs that displayed information about the businesses that participated and how much engagement they got from participating. I had to consult with event planning interns and one of the staff of the Chamber to verify all the info. Sometimes, I would see graphs that didn’t make sense or I would see a graph that displayed percentages in a bar graph, so I would go over to the people I was working with and asked them if I could remove and change those graphs. Overall, there was a lot of going back and forth with what was being included in the report.

For the most part, I was the only person working on the design. There were only two interns at the Chamber at that time. The other intern besides me worked on making flyers for events. I took care of most of the design for the Shop Bleecker report. I made sure everything had visual hierarchy and read well. I designed the charts and bars. I used the color scheme that was used in the presentation deck. I used styles and named all of the layers so that other design interns have an easier time navigating the file. Although, I was the only person there that had InDesign. I was proud that I was experienced using InDesign because it allowed me to deliver a well-designed report. At the end, my supervisor was really impressed and I was happy to work on this project.

Shop Bleecker Report