I went to the event hosted at the school by the Professional Development Center. Upon arriving at the room of the workshop event, I was promptly asked to sign in and also to sign into my email. It was to sign into the city tech connect portal. One of the staff there helped me sign in and to set up my account. Right then, everybody there moved to find seats and accommodate since the workshop was starting. The person speaking during the workshop was Nelly Lliquichushca. She walked us through the City Tech Connect portal and gave us a concise tutorial. She walked us through how to set up an account and fill out our profiles. Nelly explained how to submit your resume and cover letter through the portal so that it can be reviewed by the PDC. In fact, something interesting about this new service is that you can view a large number of employers and opportunities but you will not be able to apply until your resume has been approved by the advisor according to your major. In addition, it will not allow you to apply for positions that don’t fall under your major.  I found that to be interesting but I hope that doesn’t limit where I apply.

City Tech Connect seems to be a great asset to students who want to connect with more employers.  I was able to learn how to use it and how to find employers. I learned how to connect with the Professional Development Center. I tend to have a hard time when I am looking for internships so I hope this new tool can be useful for me. It is a great resource and I think I will tell more students about it and will tell more students to check out the Professional Development Center.