For my second network event I decided to go to AnimeNYC on November 17-19th. It’s located at Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, NY.  This year is AnimeNYC’s debut year since the old NYAF (New York Anime Festival) merged with NYCC (New York Comic Con) in 2010 and slowly disappeared after 2013. The new show director, Peter Tatara, was part of the team that managed NYAF back then and he wanted to bring back a anime convention to NYC. One impressive thing he did was keeping the price tickets the same as 2010 ($60 for Weekend, $35 Friday, $45 Saturday and $40 Sunday badges). Also, since AnimeNYC is powered by Crunchyroll, premium members of the anime streaming site will be able to get a $10 discount towards their badge purchase when you enter a code only for premium members.

One big event I was really excited for was Fullmetal Alchemist Live Action Premiere. It premiered in the USA for the first time at AnimeNYC before it even released in Japan. It’s scheduled to release in Japan in December so it’s a treat for people attending the convention. However since it’s an really exclusive event, it still requires for attendees to pay an extra $10 for a movie ticket. Another important part of this event is that Director Fumihiko Sori is the special guest. He will be guest starring after the movie premiere to talk about the new FMA movie, how they created it, the struggles, etc.