Providing Over 70 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industry

Gissell Catano’s E-Profile

Hello everyone welcome!

My name is Gissell Catano, born and raised in New York. I’ve lived in other places such as Colombia, Virginia and Florida. I recently graduated from Academy of Finance and Enterprise and am currently attending City Tech as a freshman. Honestly a few months ago I had no idea what I wanted to do, not the slightest bit. I stressed out about choosing my major and the right college to go to.  My guidance counselor tried to help me as much as possible by asking me what was my favorite subject and what I liked to do. I concluded that I enjoyed Spanish class. I explained to her how much I’d like to learn other languages besides Spanish and English. I  enjoyed volunteering at school events where I hosted or helped translate to parents. My guidance counselor  remembered that I love traveling so she proposed the idea to major in hospitality and tourism. I researched more about this major and I wasn’t really sure if I liked it. There is a  possibility of me changing my major However, I’m here to give it a chance and explore my options. What I do know for sure is that no matter where I go I will always apply the skills I learned in order to communicate with others.

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

Being multi lingual is an important skill in tourism, I think you will enjoy yourself and find great success.

2. Sofia

Hi Gissell, one of the things that made me go into hospitality was because I also like to travel a lot. Also, I now stress sometimes if this major is the right one for me but we will have to see.

3. Abigail Salazar

Hello, I think its amazing that you have lived in so many other places that’s great, as well I stressed about my major but i kinda knew what I was going for. Volunteering is so much fun I enjoyed it as well in my school whenever I could.