Chapter 11 focuses on describing the various components of casino gambling entertainment and the casino industry spread all over the world. It demonstrates, how it has become one of the most significant developments in the hospitality industry during the past three decades and how it has created new opportunities for hospitality careers within casinos resorts. We also learn that casino gambling is regulated by state governments and how are hotel operations in a gaming entertainment business different from hotel operations in a nongaming environment.
Key Words and Concepts
- Baccarat. My example: There has never been a time I played baccarat, and I don’t get my nine.
- Blackjack. My example: Roberto had bet a large sum at the blackjack table, and lost it all.
- Casino Resort. My example: Last weekend I spent a memorable time at the Mohegan Sun Casino Resort in Connecticut.
- Comp. My example: My meals and drinks at the hotel were often comped by the casino.
- Craps. My example: In my opinion the craps table is one of the most complicated boards game at the casino.
- Gambling. My example: Many people have lost fortunes due to a gambling addiction.
- Handle. My example: Last night the table that I was working at had a handle of one million but no one won.
- Hold Percentage. My example: The hold percentage of the one million handle at the poker table at the end of the night was $200,000.00.
- Poker. My example: It took over an hour for someone to finally join me to play poker.
- Roulette. My example: When I got to the roulette wheel table, I did not know what color and number to bet on.
- Win. My example: The more you bet the more chance there is to win in any casino.