Living Learning Earning

My First Week at Disney “How we can create Happiness”

The first week that I had at Disney went really great, I was able to meet new friends that I was able to explore the parks with. But the highlight would be the traditions because it was such an immersive experience. I was able to learn and enhance my perspective on the true Hospitality based on how Disney upholds their traditions of spreading the magic. The 5 essential keys stood out to me the most. I think that being able to learn them will be a great asset for me that I can utilize whether I am on Disney or anywhere else I plan to work in the future.

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

Please share how you have been able to implement the Five Essential Keys.

• Patrick Arvi Lorenzana

Week 1

How have I been able to implement the 5 Keys that Disney upholds?

The first key is Safety. In my own experiences, I make sure that I am safe in whatever I do. I never take the risks in the situation where I know I would put myself and others in trouble.

The second is Courtesy. I respect every single person no matter where they came from. Try my best to befriend them. Applying the values and manners that my parents taught me.

The third is Inclusion. I am an empathetic person, I try to understand each and everyone’s difference and where they are coming from, to see if I myself would react the same way when it comes to being in their situation.

The fourth is Show. I have been trying to stay through to my values, from what is wrong and what is right and being able to understand the clear difference and implementing it. I do my best to try to have a positive demeanor so that people would be comfortable to approach and talk to me.

The fifth is Efficiency. This is a key that I am still working on. I procrastinate most of the time. Even if I create a plan that would make my work easier, once I am in the spot, I to ignore it go with everything on the fly. I also have a tendency do everything the last minute.  I am trying my best to be on the right mindset by implementing the saying “Work smarter, not harder.”