Week 8 was a week of extra recognitions from my guests. Global Recognition Week has passed but this is my recognition week. I felt all the love from my fellow guests. Guests wanted to tip me all week and was upset that I can’t take cash. I believe in going above and beyond for every guest, after all they’re at “The Most Magical Place on Earth. A guest also told me that Disney is lucky to have me. 

I love assisting people which is why I’m majoring in Hospitality Management. My love for the industry sparked from my yearly visitation to resorts with my mother before we migrated from Jamaica. I loved the welcoming feeling from the staffs, especially front desk who’s the first impression of our stay. Since then, my dream was to always be on the other side and provide that great experience for guests and I’m doing just that at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. A couple I assisted with getting a room the day before their reservation and upgraded it to their water view room type of their original reservation even came back to take a picture with me. They gave me hugs and wished me luck with my program and future. Another family I assisted with getting them and their other family members rooms in the same building came back to see me 3 times in that one day. Other guests took my name to write cast compliments and some offered to buy me gifts. This week was a great one, I’ve been providing great hospitality and I will continue to positively represent this industry.