Finish” by Tanakawho via Flickr CC BY-NC 2.0

It might not be pretty, but it’s going to be done really soon! Let’s work together in Week 15 to finish all that we can and learn from it, too. As always, please be in touch with me if there’s anything I can do to help you with your work. Remember that there are no late penalties and that I’m here to help without shame or judgment.

Class Info

• Dates: Wednesday, 12/8-Tuesday, 12/14
  • Meeting Info:
    • For the other class meeting time, which would have been 100 minutes long, you will do your work throughout the week asynchronously, on your own time. This work and homework are indistinguishable but all contribute to your informal work for the semester.
  • Student Support Hours (office hours):
    • Thursday, 12/9, 11:00-11:45
    • Tuesday, 12/14, 11:30-12:00; 1:40-2:30
    • As needed: let me know if it would be helpful for me to hold office hours on Thursday, 12/16, 11:00-11:45 and/or another time–eg Tuesday, 12/21, the day your work is due.

Topic

Final Portfolio and Reflection

Objectives

• To finalize any unfinished work
  • To continue work on the final reflection

To Do This Week

Actions

• In class, we will discuss the work we have done this semester and work on finalizing any remaining work

Reading

Writing

• Add to our final discussion that asks you to generate items for a checklist for yourself and everyone in the course to complete for the end of the semester
  • Write all the things: Final Portfolio and Reflection and anything you need to finish or revise for the Final Portfolio and Reflection
    • If it’s useful, continue to contribute to last week’s discussion that asks you to begin brainstorming and drafting the final reflection
    • Remember that writing is a process. As you revise work for the final portfolio, you might want to go back into some of our discussions from throughout the semester and re-engage (or engage for the first time) with them to help you think through the readings, issues, and writing concerns that the projects ask you to grapple with. These will absolutely still count, and will give you more to consider in the final reflection, too.
    • If you have not yet completed your 7-10 glossary posts, please add any additional entries to our shared glossary (according to the glossary instructions).