“1.7M children die every year due to polluted environments: WHO” by Staff.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3289926/pollution-child-deaths-who-world-health-organization/

Water Pollution has been quite a big problem for many people for the past few years. Water is necessity always was and always will be. This article depicts one of the many poor choices humans make to harm the environment. Water Pollution is one of the many causes for the global deaths of children under the age of five said the World Health Organization. In other words, people in the world who constantly make their surroundings bad, such as littering or disposing harsh chemicals, make the environment bad. When you litter, smoke, throw something into a lake, river, ocean you are negatively affecting the environment.  Polluting of any kind hurts so many people especially globally. There’s a purpose for this message to be more considerate you’re not the only one on this planet. You think your are the only person littering, very untrue, many other people maybe thinking the same, which means thousands or millions of people, making the same detrimental choices. This article urges ways to help like” investing in removal of environmental risks to health, such as improving water quality or using cleaner fuels”.

13 thoughts on ““1.7M children die every year due to polluted environments: WHO” by Staff.”

1. Water is very important for the survival of life. It’s sad to read about how people and children are struggling to get clean water. Two years ago I visited my native country to visit my family. The condition’s I saw there was very bad, children would have to wake 3 to 4 miles to get clean water, and they would only get limited amount of water. while in America people are littering and sometimes don’t apparate what they have.

2. I believe water pollution is a very concerning issue that would require further global cooperation to put an end to it. I feel that this article is similar to mine because they both put an emphasis on protecting our natural water supplies from negative human interference. We need to place protective measures against actions that result in any negative consequences, such as water contamination.

3. Yes I think water is important because we need clean water for many reasons .First reason why we need clean water is because we need to drink purified water so that we dont want to get sick.Another reason why we need water is because we need to shower and brush our teeth.We also need water to wash our dirty laundry and wash our dirty dishes.

4. Water pollution also influenced by plastic. When people make plastic, they create a lot of polluted water. If these polluted water didn’t purified, it created huge damage to our environment. Also some of plastic have chemistry toxic. Plastic is not soluble in water, but these chemistry toxic can. Fortunately most developed countries and some organization try to fix problem or reduce these problems. Yet, some developing countries still making pollution to our environment. They may don’t have skill to reduce the pollution or right now they just don’t have time to consider about environment because they economic is important than environment.

5. This article is related to the article I choose “ China Curbs Plants For Coal-Fired Power Plants” because my article talks about how the people and children have to wear masks to cover their faces so they won’t breathe the air pollution that the coal fired power plants are causing. This article is going threw the same thing but with water and is ridiculous how the children have to walk 3 to 4 miles to get fresh clean water. I have been hearing it on the news lately and it is just devastating to hear all these that is happening.

6. Exactly, you’re not the only one to pollute the environment if you do so. By the way, only one person alone can do a massive amount of damage to the environment by pollution. You can be a big change to the environment by not doing so. What you can do even better is to tell other people not to do so and even clean up the environment by cleaning up other people’s littering.

7. It’s true, I think it’s more important to clean our water. It’s affect with our health and people are sick . Health organization need take step to make next generation are get better. Also people have to more careful with their amount of damage to the environment by pollution.

8. I noticed there was some debate above about pollution vs climate change and the detrimental effects they each have on human life. I think one of the big takeaways from this article is that pollution is having very serious and very immediate consequences for children around the world. I haven’t read any reports that list the fatalities associated with climate change ~at the present moment~ anywhere near the level of fatalities listed in this article (“quarter of all global deaths of children under five are due to unhealthy or polluted environments “). If our main goal is to save as many lives as possible, then we should make sure to stop deadly pollution and lack of proper hygiene in the short term while simultaneously working to mitigate climate change in the long term.

9. Humans are greatly affected by water pollution, they can get diseases such as hepatitis by eating seafood that has been poisoned or contaminated . In many poor nations, there is always outbreak of certain diseases as a result of poor drinking water from contaminated waters