I wasn’t sure which one to pick but, Donald M. Murray shows the different ways we should be thinking about when we do the revision process and how other writers do their revision process which we can use in our own writing. I chose two because I think it goes hand in hand together Murray’s says,”Next writers look for meaning in the information. The specifics must build to a pattern of significance. Each piece of specific information must carry the reader toward meaning….Writers reading their own drafts are aware of audience. They put themselves in the reader’s situation and make sure that they deliver information which a reader wants to know or needs to know in a manner which is easily digested. Writers try to be sure that they anticipate and answer the questions a critical reader will ask when reading the piece of writing.” Murray’s is telling us that after careful picking  they type of information that should be put in your writing that is of most importance for the readers to understand what they’re are reading that’s wouldn’t just be information that leads nowhere. Then writers have to put themselves in the readers shoes and ask themselves are these details easy too comprehend? Does it need to be included in the writing or can the writing piece be done without this facts? I supposed these are just some questions they can ask themselves so they can know if the information they have included is beneficial to both writer and reader. I can apply this to improve my own work because I never think if the information I have written is of importance or not which I should start doing when I revise my work or become a reader when I’m reading my own work. I have chosen this to help focus on this element over the others because now I can become more aware of my audience and seeing what facts I should be including when I write.