Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

New Genre

The research that I did for unit 2 was on relationships and on how people can differentiate love from lust in a relationship. And the idea came to mind because from a young age I have been very observant of how people act and what people do around me. And one thing that I see people do is rush into a relationship then end up breaking up for one reason to another then explain how all males/ females are trash. I was once determined to talk to youths and even adults about how they could prevent from getting their hearts broken and prevent being a heart breaker as well. From young I always saw myself some sort of relationship advice to my friends, even young adults . I always gave them my input based off what I saw.

Based on my assignment the audience I’m trying to reach for unit 2 is teenagers and young adults so that they can make wise choices on who they allow to be in their lives.  And also so that they can stay observant through it all and not gain a childish mentality. And as a youth the best way to catch another fellow youth is through small video clips that shows the advice id want to share with them.  Mostly like a Ted Talk .  And I feel like that’s the best genre that can be used to catch their attention. My purpose is to help teens and young adults have more Love oriented relationships and not lust oriented relationships . In my Ted Talk I would ask how do you differentiate Love from Lust. Is it through the amount of years that you have been with that significant other? , Is it through that gut feeling that you have that the person maybe the one? Well based off my research Love is something that is intertwined where you guys are one, where you guys are willing to make sure that any issue that comes in the way is taken cared of. Lust is temporary the amount of fun that you guys may have it may feel like love but is there trust and loyalty coming both ways? Where I have seen people say that because he/she is always calling me and taking me out that its love. That person could just be doing you a favor because of how much they can tell that you are into the relationship.Love is where two people are able to understand each other in another level, where respect for one another is present. Love is real and genuine, it has no boundaries where you have to change yourself in order for the relationship to work. If you are a person who loves to cuddle you shouldn’t have to change that because your significant other doesn’t like to cuddle, you guys should be able to compromise and accept each other for who they are.

Overall I feel like if  I actually did a mini video talking about relationships  it would’ve been better cause there I would be able to talk and give more details. But I feel like my rhetorical questions was good and maybe other people would feel like they can relate somehow someway to what I said .

1. Carrie Hall

Esther, where is the actual Unit 3 assignment? Where is the TED Talk you wrote?

• Esther

I’m sorry Ms. Hall I could have sworn I posted I had to double check when I saw your comment. But its posted now.