2016-2017 Opening Gateways Faculty Seminar

active 5 days, 15 hours ago
This Project is OPEN.
Project Description

“Opening Gateways to Completion: Open Digital Pedagogies for Student Success in STEM” is a 5-year, $3.2 million grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Supporting Hispanic-Serving Institutions program (Title V). The goal is to support student success in mathematics courses that serve as gateways to STEM disciplines, courses that often act as barriers to progress and completion in these disciplines. The project, awarded jointly to the New York City College of Technology (lead) and the Borough of Manhattan Community College (partner) in 2015, brings the two institutions together in a cross-campus collaboration that will introduce open-source digital technologies, open educational resources, and active learning pedagogies into the sequence of high-enrollment mathematics courses required for STEM disciplines at each college.

Open Digital PA

See MoreOpen Digital PA

City Tech OG Deliverables Roadmap Posted

Hi City Tech OG Fellows, If you would like some more details about your OG deliverable, please […] See MoreCity Tech OG Deliverables Roadmap Posted

City Tech OG Fellows Topics List

Hello Opening Gateways Fellows! Thank you for making our seminar a success so far. The Opening […] See MoreCity Tech OG Fellows Topics List

Thanks, Pedro - great assignment! See More

Hi Lori, You can create a blog post and insert the image into that. Try it and let me know if you […] See More

Question: How should I upload my group's Open Digital Pedagogy Assignment? Thanks. See More

book: "Weapons of Math Destruction"

This book came up in discussion at our lunch last Friday, so thought I would post the info in case anyone is interested in following up. I haven't read it yet, but from reading the author's blog posts (https://mathbabe.org/) it should be […] See Morebook: "Weapons of Math Destruction"

Interesting to read

This was a very interesting article! Just wanted to post BEAM's ("Bridge to Enter Advanced Mathematics") website, and note that they are hiring for both summer and year-around positions--may be an option for those of us that are […] See MoreInteresting to read

WeBWorK – Feedback Requested

Hello everybody! Last week I brought the iPads to the classroom for the first time. I know that this is not a possibility for all of us in the group, but I just would like to share my experience with you. I was not planning to use the […] See MoreWeBWorK – Feedback Requested

MAT 1275 Topics List

MAT 1275 OG Fellows Topics List (Draft): Ezra Halleck: Quadratic Formula and graphing Holly Carley: Integer and Rational Exponents, simplifying radial expressions (Session 1A, 4 & 5) Ariane Masuda: Trig Equations, Trig […] See MoreMAT 1275 Topics List