Journal 15

What I am currently doing at the BID is designing an Instagram frame for our upcoming event ‘Harlem Clean Up Day’ we are having this month. We decided to have something like this be in our event because on this day a whole bunch of things are going to happening, we are going to having people performing on the community stage and other activities and so to keep the audience constantly engaged we think this would be a fun thing for them to do. Taking pictures is something people do everyday, they capture moments and experiences and this is what the event will be. Its going to be a day full of unity, the coming together of people to make a neighborhood clean, to make a neighborhood that was once a long time ago filled with litter and junk spotless again. We are continuing to keep these streets clean and make this day a fun and productive day for everyone who attends. My thought process for designing the Instagram frame was to do hand lettering around the frame for a more natural look as well as continue with the same color swatches that was used for the flier. The Instagram frame is still in the works and I’m excited to see how it turns out.