Journal 3

The culture of my placement site is a mix of causal and a mix of business. You can wear a pair of jeans to work or dress pants it doesn’t matter as long as you look presentable and ready to work. My usual attire would be wearing all black, which is perfectly fine. I would say business causal is the way to dress at my workplace. The way the workspaces are set up is that all interns have a desk where they work on their assignments on an assigned computer. The first day at my job I was given a little notebook for note talking and jotting down things to do. Till this day I still use the book because I found that it’s a great way to keep your thoughts in check and organized. All interns at the BID have their own business emails and baskets, these baskets where implemented so that right when you come into work you know what to work on for the day. When it comes down to breaks like lunchtime usually the interns will have lunch in pairs and sometimes someone will offer to buy. It’s a blast working with the people at my job, there is never a dull moment when I come to work. There is always something new to learn each day, through casual conversations with co-workers I get to learn about their lives outside the workplace. For example, my supervisor the other day told me about these meet ups she attends after work with innovative people from all over New York. She explained a specific meet up being like the television show “Shark Tank” and I think that’s very cool. My conversation with her has got me thinking about all the exciting networking events that are out there specially because they are free.