Journal 14

A collaborative project I worked on with others at the BID is creating a sponsorship packet for our Banner Competition program that we have annually for our street in Harlem, the 125th street strip to be exact. What this program is doing is beautifying the strip by holding a competition for artist in New York (preferably in Harlem) to make art pieces based on a set theme that best represent Harlem. These art pieces will then be transformed into banners that will up on light poles throughout the strip. My main role in this project was the designing, and then along side with me was my co worker, who too is a Special Events Coordinator she helped me with gathering all information that will go in this package. I would say this project took roughly a month and half to complete, with the various review sessions and multiple drafts as well with the help of Hightail.com, cloud service site for project managing. These factors made the process flow easy and productive for us. When it came time for the review sessions who ever was in the office at the time also had input and opinions about what was working in the package. My co worker in this project was my primary partner but I feel everyone else in the office were my secondary because if I wasn’t sure about how something look I can always goes to them to get their opinion. I love the finished package because its exciting and grabs your attention with the bright colors and fun energy it gives off. Now that its completed we’ve been presenting it in every meeting we have and based on the reactions we get from the different business owners I can tell they are interested.