Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

“Micro-Activity #18: Choosing a Mode”

I have not decided on a final genre to present my information but I intend to present the message in an informative manner. I will be informing parents of the different types of childhood trauma, some of its common causes and its consequences in the development of children. I hope to be able to warn parents, future parents or anyone raising children about the future problems that could arise from childhood trauma.The format should be simple in a way to quickly inform in a friendly tone and in a format that could get the attention of the reader for a short period of time, like a pamphlet. I plan to add written information with a few pictures to illustrate the content and maybe a few quotes from experts on the subject like Dr. Gabor Maté. I am not good at drawing so I must find a website that could help me create something interesting. The idea is to add a catchy phrase or question to generate the reader’s interest and get the process started then add a few explanatory parts to inform the reader. I believe will be a good idea including a link to another source(s) of reliable information will allow the person reading to get deeper into the subject if they decide to do it. I intend to first explain what is childhood trauma and what can cause it, followed by some of the possible signs of it, then the consequences to the development of children. To conclude I should direct the reader to where more information is available and how to get help. 

1. Ruth Garcia

Your could write an online article for a parenting magazine and that would allow you to do all the things you say here except link out to other sites but you can have a list of references for parents at the end of the article. And an article of this sort has images, quotes from experts–both in the article and highlighted in bigger font text boxes. You can have sections to your article and each section can have a title that tells of the main focus of that section. And you can have one main image at the top or that plus serveral smaller ones throughout. And the images can include charts and statistics.