Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #18: Choosing a Mode

I have selected a brochure for my multimodal project.Brochures are short informative documents.They are used to capture the audience attention and to persuade them by providing information on a certain product, problem, or situation. My brochure will provide information on how to recover from the economic crisis we are facing. The format of a brochure usually includes big bold letters, images and short informational texts. The color and font size are important to capture the readers interest. I believe the audience enjoys reading a brochure because it is short, straight to the point and has simple information.  To create my brochure I will be using a computer and the software Microsoft Word. I believe Microsoft Word has a template I can use to create a brochure. I will use the research from my annotated bibliography to provide information . I will begin by stating the problem, then I will present factual information on the problem , and lastly I will present a solution.

1. Ruth Garcia

But do you have a sample brochure that you can analyze to see how the genre works. For example, there are usually 6 panels. Each page has a mixture of big, bold font and smaller font –with the larger font being sections or main points and the smaller being information for those sections. Information is often bulleted. There are images throughout. You need to find samples and figure out what brochures in general tend to look like.