The genre I’m aiming for in my multi modal project is a graphic novel for highschool students . I want it to have a more serious tone to the story. I would like people to be informed but I also want it to be captivating enough that people want to finish reading it. I think this genre fits well for the audience I am aiming for because teenagers tend to like reading comic books and graphic novels. I also believe that with the issue of childhood traumas and mental health I can tie that into an entertaining yet informative piece for teenagers to read.

Graphic novels typically have a darker tone to it and can be as long as tens of pages or as short a few pages mine will be shorter to hold the readers attention . The next element I would use is a darker tone I want the main character to struggle . but I want him to eventually find himself like in the short film we watched.i want it to be formatted just like a regular graphic novel with images of the characters and text bubbles . The next element I would like to add is color I feel like it should be in black and white. I feel like it holds attention well. finally the last element I wanted to add is internal dialogue I want the character to struggle with his emotions and I want it to show in the text.

The way I would setup this graphic novel is by having a actual artist draw all the pictures out for me then I would fill in the text. I would have a therapist in the actual novel that would use the info I used in the first half of the assignment. also I would trickle in certain scenes that would reflect my information. like a scene where he is acting like he is trying to please his manger so much at an entry level job. Finally I would organize story in section . The first section would be the characters main struggle . The second section will be the characters downfall and finally the third section would. be the character finding himself and getting help.