Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - O427 | Spring 2021

Finalizing the Research Question

Finalized question: What does racism in the work place look like in New York?

The reason i got interested in this research question is because many of my friends have told me about situations where they were treated with cruelty and somehow treated differently due to their race. Therefore, i chose to focus on the work place to see if black oriented people have the same opportunities as the white people. It will be important to address such issue and injustice. I am interested in researching several work fields to see the opportunities that black people miss due to their race and the levels of treatment they are treated. I amExpecting to find stories and situations in which people weren’t treated fairly in the work place due to their color and race, i am also trying to find situations where people experienced discrimination, or disrespect and disregard towards them because of their race.

1. Ruth Garcia

Okay. I see you want to keep it broad, but it might be easier to search if you look at a particular field. Try it both ways and see what gets you the best information. If you decide to narrow down, you might look at racism in the medical profession or academia or the business world.