For this assignment you will use the information you gathered for your annotated bibliography, and present it in a multimodal text. The purpose of this piece is to educate your audience about — and perhaps persuade them of something related to — the social justice issue you researched for your annotated bibliography.
Your final piece will go beyond the written word; instead you will communicate using multimodal composing. Think about what you want to say (and to whom) and choose a genre that is appropriate. Regardless of the genre you choose, you must turn in a written component (such as an artist statement or a transcript).
Here are examples of genres you might choose:
- TED Talk (include written transcript along with the video)
- Wikipedia entry (include images)
- Video, photographic, or graphic essay (include artist’s statement)
- Blog (include images and/or video)
- Informational brochure (include images)
- Infographic (include an artist’s statement)
- Poster with Public Service Announcement (PSA) (include an artist’s statement)
- You might think of something else!
Here are the grading criteria for the Multimodal project:
Your multimodal piece…
- follows the conventions and formatting of your chosen genre.
- informs or educates your audience about a social justice issue.
- integrates research from your annotated bibliography.
- uses quotes and/or makes reference to specific data or facts from your research.
- uses tone, language, grammar, and sentence structure appropriate for this genre.
- has been carefully proofread.
- has been submitted on time.