In the Letter “Dedicatory Letter” Mary Wollstonecraft writes this letter to address the problem of how Woman rights is needed.  She states this by saying on page 1 “So it is my affection for the whole human race that makes my pen speed along to support what I believe to be the cause of virtue, and leads me to long to see woman’s place in the world enable her to advance the progress of the glorious principles that give a substance to morality, rather than holding them back”. She is pointing out in this quote how to advance as a human race we should also have woman rights to not be held back but to advance for the future and the better. She mentions how controlling men could be towards women and how men think they know what happiness is for them when in reality they aren’t the judge of that. She says this by saying ” I know that you firmly believe you
are acting in the manner most likely to promote women’s happiness; but who made man the exclusive judge ·of that· if a woman shares with him the gift of reason?”. After reading Wollstonecraft’s letter I would place her in the discourse community for fighting for women’s rights as her dream is to end a place controlled by men and move on for the future by giving rights to women as well for justice.