Homework #6: Picturing Breakfast Around the World

Everyday the Dutch eat at least 750,000 slices of bread topped with butter and the chocolate sprinkles called hagelslag

The New York Times Magazine published a slideshow about what children eat for breakfast around the world. Read the article and share with your classmates your thoughts on breakfast as a meal. Do you think its essential? Are American breakfasts too sugary? In addition, please post a picture of something you think is essential for breakfast.

Read the NYTimes article “What kids around the world eat for breakfast.”

Please post your responses by Monday, November 23rd.

One thought on “Homework #6: Picturing Breakfast Around the World

1. I think breakfast is probably essential to start the day off right but I personally don’t usually have time for breakfast. On the weekends I wake up at a time that would make more sense to eat lunch food anyway. I did work at a farmers market though that started at six in the morning. We were the only stand that sold hot ready to eat food. We would have kefta sandwiches or braised beef short rib sandwiches. I would have people say to me all the time its too early for them to eat food like that and it never made any sense to me because they would eat bacon which is extremely heavy or they would eat 8 pancakes which are pure sugar. I think breakfast food is what ever you want it to be but I go for just regular food I’m not a big american breakfast fan.