FIRST YEAR LEARNING COMMUNITY fall 2015: ”The Art of Food” HMGT 1203 or 1204 + ARTH1100

active 2 years ago
Hospitality Management, Humanities
HMGT 1203/ HMGT 1204/ ARTH1100

“The Art of Food” is a Learning Community students in Prof Garcelon’s Culinary I (Weds AM section), Prof Jacus’s Baking & Pastry I (Weds AM section), and Prof Cheng’s History of Photography (Mon section) classes.

This learning community explores the “art” in the culinary arts. Can we look at food in aesthetic terms of art, beauty, and taste? Can we appreciate food like a work of art? Our learning community is comprised of first-year Hospitality students in Culinary Arts I or Baking and Pastry I, join together in the History of Photography with a focus and a lens on food as art.

Increase the scope of your learning by enrolling in this exciting and ground breaking learning community. Meet and work with …… Connect with faculty across disciplines. Discover the interconnectedness of disciplines within the college and the worlds you will work in.
Gain a new ‘lens’ from which to view your chosen course of study!

Credits

HW #10

Going through all of these photos its funny how needy all these famous people are. The special […] See MoreHW #10

Homework #10

I'm very surprised about this pictures. The photographer Henry hargreaves have a great style […] See MoreHomework #10

Homework 10

The photographer Henry Hargreaves has a great eye to capture photos. A majority of celebrities […] See MoreHomework 10

I think the idea is hilarious. The photos make the photo look like it is this amazing food that […] See More

Good for you Mohammad! I am sure that all your practice will pay off for you!! See you Wednesday! See More

Sweet! Every day should be cake day See More

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.