You have been asked to turn a basket ball court at a local high school into a theatre. They want to seat 250 parents for the performance. The room is empty. It has four fire exits one on each wall. They own 250 stacking chairs that can lock together. The chairs are 2′-0″ x 2′-0″ the dimensions of the room are 50 feet by 84 feet. The current design has a few fire code violations please update the drawing based on your knowledge.
Your job. Design the seating area following the NYC codes you have access to. Use your PSMS template. Adapt it for a safe seating plan. The stage is a set of 4×8 platforms. you have 8 platforms that can lock together. the rise of the legs is 2′-0″ up to 4′-0″. There are two stair cases with railing that adjust to fit the stage height.
- Create a Ground plan with the seating, aisles, aisle accessways and catchments identified.
- Stage area identified.
- post a ppt to the discussion board to share at the next class meeting. The ppt should include your outcomes and your ground plan,
- Aisles must be 3 or more feet wide
- Aisle accessways must be 12″ or more wide.
- All fire exits must be accessible.
- Turn in pdf of the drawings to blackboard, assignment tab, NFPA folder, safe seating assignment.
2. Turn in a ppt of your presentation to blackboard, discussion board, safe seating assignment forum. Create a thread and post your team names and the ppt.