For this assignment you are going to create a DIM-ICE chart and a series of drawings using the ground plan from FOH part 1. you are going to do a RAMP analysis of one location of your venue you perceive based on your DIM-ICE analysis to be problematic.
- DIM-ICE Charts are used to select a portion of your venue and evaluate in words how each planning area holds up under your scrutiny. Color code each box: Green good, Yellow questionable, Red dangerous.
DIM ICE Charts
|DIM ICE Normal||Ingress||Circulation||Egress|
|DIM ICE Emergency||Ingress||Circulation||Egress|
2. RAMP stand for: Routes—Area—Movement—Profile. Use these ideas when predicting where the problem locations maybe.
Create six drawings of crowd flow predictions listed below for one location in your venue such as a specific exit or the Lobby from doors or a vestibule.
- ingress normal and emergency
- circulation normal and emergency
- egress normal and emergency
- Turn in your drawing to blackboard, assignment tab, Crowd safety folder, FOH part 2.
- Turn in your presentation video or ppt to the discussion board, Front of House PSMS ppt presentations in the same thread as your assigned ground plan.
|Title Block||Ignored||1-2 items listed||3-5 items listed||title, all names and charts labeled||5|
|RAMP||Ignored||1-2 items listed||3-5 items listed||location well defined||25|
|DIM ICE||ignored||1-2 items listed||3-5 items listed||analyze, evaluate and prioritize||25|
|Ground plan||Ignored||original pdf with no labeling||some labeling||dimensions, labeling, title block with info||15|
|Q and A||Ignored||asked on question||asked or answered two questions||asked or answered three or more questions||15|