Spring 2022 the class voted to select creating a case study of the Astroword tradgedy in November of 2022.
Cast study lecture
Washington post video
- Create an outline using the case study outline document
- Create a power point of your outline to present at our next class meeting.
- The competed case study with citations and utilizing the tools you learned this semester.
Case Study outline
- Clear headline: Like a newspaper headline, it should give the most important information. A subtitle with supporting details or a quote is optional.
- Snapshot: Provide basic facts including the events name/industry, the product/service used, and three important statistics or facts.
- Event introduction: One or two sentences describing the event and a brief description
- Problem: State the problem/goal, consequences of event presentation Include quotes.
- Solution: Share how better choices could have been developed early in the planning process. Examine the location of the venue, the stage and walling around the audience. The schedule of the performances. How shut down of the smaller stages effected the main stage. Use the tools you have learned in this class to support your ideas.
- Results: Describe the results of the concert based on the actual occurrence. Compare your learning outcomes with your solutions.
- Conclusion: Compare your learning outcomes with your solutions.
Use the following tools
- Day of event timeline
- NFPA and OSHA
- Mapping using RAMP analysis and DIM-ICE tables
- Crowd math
- Emergency action plan
- Support documents and event links are posted on blackboard in the assignments tab Astroworld file.
Due next week 5/12/22
Turn in on blackboard in the assignments tab, astroworld outline and power point.
Due Finals week 5/19/22
Turn in on blackboard in the assignments tab, astroworld case study and power point presentation.