Course syllabus (class schedule updated 03.18.19 to adjust for “snow” day)
TUTORING is STILL available from Charlotte Winczer in the Atrium Learning Center (ground floor of the Atrium a/k/a Library Building) Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2:30-5:30pm!
Scroll to bottom for general course materials such as Academic Integrity information, Instructions for posting on OpenLab, and Academic Advisement Info.
* * *
Study suggestions for FINAL EXAM! (posted 05.17.19)
Midterm exam answer key! (Wed. 03.13.19)
Study suggestions for midterm exam! (distributed 03.11.19)
C&W ch. 3 “Did You Get It?” Qs on jurisdiction with answer key!
Quiz #1 Answer Key! C&W chs. 1-2: Intro to Civil Procedure, Structure of the Courts (02.25.19)
Quiz #2 Answer Key! C&W chs. 4, 5 8: Parties & Claims, Causes of Action & Remedies, Commencing the Action (04.08.19)
Quiz #3 Answer Key! C&W chs. 9-12 & 14: Venue, Summons & Pleadings, Preparation and Service of Papers (05.06.19)
Court charts, maps & info
- Diagram – Branches of Govt
- Chart – General Court Structure in US (3 levels – C&W p. 12)
- Brochure – Intro Guide to NYS Courts (court publication)
- Chart – NYS Unified Ct System (chart – C&W p. 19)
- Map – NYS Unified Court System (map)
- Chart – US (Federal) Court System (chart – C&W p. 14)
- Map – US (Federal) Court System (map of Districts and Circuits)
Court photos and links!
NY Supreme Court (Civil Term) Kings County (360 Adams St.)
NY Surrogate’s Court, Kings County (2 Johnson St.)
NY Appellate Division, Second Department (45 Monroe Pl.)
NY Court of Appeals (Albany, NY)
US District Court, Eastern District of NY (225 Cadman Plaza East)
US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of NY (271-C Cadman Plaza East, next to the Post Office!)
US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (40 Centre St., Manhattan)
US Supreme Court (Washington DC)
* * *
Other general course materials:
Advisement & Registration info:
FIRST: Make an appointment with an adviser! Assigned by SSN last 4 digits, or choose one. Sign up in N-622 or by email.
- 0000-1700: Prof. Mary Sue Donsky (email@example.com)
- 1701-3200: Prof. Jeannette Espinoza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3201-6000: Prof. Lise Hunter (email@example.com)
- 6001-7200: Prof. Marissa Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 7201-8600: Prof. Kerin Coughlin (email@example.com)
- 8601-9999: Prof. Gail Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Special situations: Prof. Concetta Mennella, Chair (email@example.com)
THIRD: Review your academic progress on DegreeWorks!
FOURTH: Check out the resources on the college’s Academic Advising page!
FIFTH: Choose your courses and complete an Advisement Form!
SIXTH: Bring the form and an unofficial copy of your transcript to your advisement appointment!
FINALLY: REGISTER! on CUNYfirst!
COME BACK TO US! if you have any questions or problems!!Print this page