Hello

First I want to say thank you to everyone who supported me to be elected to Senator of Accessabilities , I truly appreciate the support. Please feel free to reach out to me via my openlab profile or at my email at abigail.thomas@mail.citytech.cuny.edu. I hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend. It was certainly a gorgeous one for anyone finally able to get some activity time.

Now, I would like to get off of my tush and unto this Soapbox this Sunday which is also The International Day Against Transphobia and Homophobia. I would to like to remind people that being LGBTQI+ in many of the countries around the world is a Death Sentence. So today and year round I employ everyone to go fourth and share the message of why we need to rally against LGBTQI hate, why we need to rally for LGBTQI protections. Not just here in the U.S. but around the world. It is so easy for us to acquiesce to defending the familiar, seeing ourselves in the victim then defending that, but in this world we must seek to go beyond that. We must seek the connection with the problems of another and seek the subtle ways in which we can relate to even the most remotely similar experiences. So I ask you to share this message in your own words, making an empassioned plea to bring safety to LGBTQI+ immigrants from Venezuela, Cameron, Brazil, Mexico, China, Iran, Turkey, and Russia and other nations, With the realization many of them are not just coming here out of a trivial desire, but to flee from unjust and immoral persecution and potential death. They are doing this to live anoter day.