LAW1103 Civil Law & Procedure SP2019

active 1 day, 4 hours ago
LAW1103 Civil Law & Procedure SP2019
Law and Paralegal Studies
LAW 1103
Spring 2019

This course addresses the theory and application of law and procedure in civil litigation with emphasis on New York State law. It focuses on the role of the paralegal in preparing for litigation, including an understanding of the court system, steps in the litigation process and their time lines, drafting documents, trial and post-trial topics, and an introduction to the use of the computer in litigation. Prerequisites are CUNY proficiency in reading and writing; pre- or corequisites are LAW 1101 and ENG 1101. Three credits.

New York State Court of Appeals Observation

New York State Court of Appeals    I had the opportunity along with a few other students in […] See MoreNew York State Court of Appeals Observation

Court Observation

Today at 2:00 pm I visited NYS Supreme Court Kings County, I was directed to the 17th floor […] See MoreCourt Observation

Court Observation

On Monday March 13th, I went to NYS Supreme Court Kings County at about 2:15pm for my court […] See MoreCourt Observation

Kemba, I agree with Abigail: Thank you for this post, and for your thoughtful response to this […] See More

Abigail, thank you for this interesting update. You note important implications of this decision. […] See More

Hello Nina, And just wow. I was impressed to begin with, with your tenacity and dedication. […] See More

Hello

I think this is the right page.. If so hello See MoreHello