For this assignment, I will be trying to reinterpret the old story of Alice in Wonderland, but through a darker and surreal lens. It’s the same story, but maybe slight nods to a different overarching meaning. This could all take place closer to the modern era.

The story goes the same way it usually does, but this time around I want to try to correlate areas of different mental states. The first area, the mushroom forest, will represent the state of tranquility and relaxation, the fauna invoking a sense of calm through non-threatening shapes and curving branches. The next area where we meet the Hatter, things take a more demented look, and the Queen area looks solemn, all building up to a fight with the jabberwock who talks about her life, which might not resemble a dragon anymore. She leaves as she closes her eyes and appears on top of a hill at night. 

This twist is important because it’s supposed to represent self-reflection, reminiscing by yourself at night of what you could do better. This might be more for people who like surrealism or psychological stories. The message I want to get across is that people sometimes really need to sit down and think to get things in order, as it helps keep the stressful things in life manageable.