This course explores creative visual thinking and its importance to communication design. You’ll experiment with image-making techniques and learn to use graphic elements to communicate concepts and ideas. The course emphasizes the integration of communication concepts, type and graphics and … Read More
- Make sure the content of the publication lines up with the order on the TOC.
- Any last design issues cleaned up; personal assistance while classmates work in break-out groups.
- Make any corrections to
Final refinement of any projects needed for zine. Include in the layout.
And: The 100% Rule: Illustrated lecture for Time and Project Management
- Brush up on PDF
Poster critique. The final, the ISSUU Doc/Process Book
Specifically: Design and layout a 20+ page digital book of the semester’s work to post on an open-source online platform.
- Find the specifications required for the zine; organize the
Style sheets are a catalog of the assets in a project. While at most design firms and agencies these assets are hard-wired by IT on the direction of the creative directors to avoid any errors, … Read More
The Grid and Design Heroes Presentation.
Specifically: Each participant presents their Design Hero.
- Practice your presentation so it flows properly and the layout looks good.
- For next session: Have your presentation organized and ready to present. The
The Poster Project
Specifically: The poster or placard to relay information; how it has been used to convey information actively and passively to large groups of people. Below are political poster collections.
- Review the
Type on the Third Dimension. Type on a box: additional samples of type on a cube–experimental and practical applications on architecture and signage.
Specifically: Computer … Read More