Homework2

The most interesting part of the civil war diet I found was the lengths they went to just to make the coffee. They used old water, dirty water, mud water, water you’d never dream of putting near your mouth. I guess the boiling process probably would have cleaned out a lot of the bacteria in it. But still, gross. I enjoy coffee, but they made it sound way better than it actually is.  And not only did they drink the coffee, but they used it to soften their hardtack too. Something tells me that stale bread dipped in coffee isn’t the most appetizing thing in the world. And when they couldn’t get real coffee? They made it out of whatever they could find, and often times it was the furthest thing from coffee possible. It didn’t even have caffeine in it.

Personally, I can’t live without a good cheeseburger [and fries]. It’s easily my favorite food and one of the first things I taught myself how to cook. Right now 5 guys is my go to. I haven’t found a better burger yet and its not for lack of trying. Cheese, lettuce, a1 sauce and grilled onions is all you need.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.