Ka Yat HW 1: Photography, Selfies, and Cindy Sherman

Photography is a technique that capture or produce image of objects on a photograph, it can be done by a camera or x-ray technology etc. Nowadays, photograph is not limited to recording images on a photo paper or negative film, it can be stored digitally. Selfie is a type of photography; it is also an example of art. As we human, we all love to express our feelings, share the moment that we like and the person we are being together. That is the reason why there are many people posting their selfie on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.

Cindy Sherman is a photographer. She usually uses herself as a protagonist of her arts. For her selfies art, I can feel that she wants to express her feeling in a strong way by making her face looks different. I do not understand what exactly she wants to express, but I can see the sorrow from her arts.

All photographs are unique since you have only one chance to capture that moment. Therefore, photograph is also a history of objects.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.