Write Out Loud!

Questions from “How to Read Like a Writer” by Mike Bunn. Husnain

1. Mike Bunn writes, “You are already an author.” He’s talking to you. What do you think he means by this? What are some of the things you write already? (Yes, we talked about this a little in class, but now’s the time for you to talk about it from your own life. And by the way “Nothing” is not an acceptable answer.) Think of all the ways you already use words in your everyday life. That’s authorship! How will that existing expertise help you in your college reading and writing career?
  1. I think what the author means by saying we’re already an author points out that we have qualities of what every author has. exisiting expertise helps me in college reading and writing career because they may proof read my writing and give me feedback also ways I already good be responding to emails and communicating to friends by text messages.

2. Was there anything you noticed in Bunn’s article that you would like to try to do in your own writing? What, in particular? Please be specific!

2. Bunn’s article had sometimes asked us questions during the article which I would like to add and some figurative language would be good also had sentences/words that would really grab the reader’s attention.

3. How did you feel reading and annotating like this? I know it seems time-consuming, but what did you learn about reading?and writing this way?

3. At time I felt connected with the author and reading it wasn’t too bad.Most important thing I learned from this author is that were all authors.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

This is fine. I’m glad you’re thinking about ways to write that connect with your readers, and not just putting words on paper.