Write Out Loud!

Englishes of Jorge Rivas

Every year at school when me and my partners had to read and annotate something at school like a short story, a poem or stuff like that we always had to read another person’s things and we never had the opportunity to write our own story and analyze it and this makes me feel bad because I had the experience in life that with practice we can learn more and at school we don’t get that opportunity to practice writing our own stories and if I had the opportunity to apply a new rule at school I would say that every student needs to write his own story every year of at least five hundred words so they would be more prepared for their future and have more opportunity to succeed. I haven’t tried to look for the difference between knowledge and understanding because I always had the thought that they work really well together but like most of the things we can always found a difference and the difference that I found by analyzing the two words is that by having knowledge you can be able to analyze and by the way understand so the difference between knowledge and understanding is that knowledge is stronger in our lives and understanding without knowledge.

When I tried to write a story like Tan did it with different “Englishes” I was laughing at my self because I enjoyed writing it and at the end I had the same results as Tan because I did the same as her by asking someone that I know to read what I have write and that person told me that It was a good writing and I was happy to hear that and it is good to hear the opinion of other people so you can become a better writer and apply those opinions to your writings.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

I left you a message on Slack, but basically it says… write your 500 word story for the Education Narrative! Have fun…

• Jorge Rivas

I’ll start with that and Thank you.