I really liked that this assignment forced us to turn our gears and come up with a creative story. It gives us the opportunity to use our skills and an individual’s unique imagination to create something we find interesting, all while teaching a lesson. When I first received this assignment I immediately started pondering, trying to come up with a very interesting story. I’ve watched many shows, and movies so I had a lot of great work to use for inspiration. Unfortunately I accidentally ignored the other aspects of the assignment for a short while, because I was too focused on making the actual story interesting. Once I had the outline of my story I found that I was writing the story in such a way that it would end up being extremely long. The story I was writing was a strict one that followed a specific plot, and so I realized that this wasn’t suitable to a choice based adventure game. Also all though it was touching upon a serious issue, the issue didn’t have much in common with our Unit 2 assignment. 

So it had become clear that I had to adjust my story, so that it would match the Unit 2 assignment, and be more revolved around choice. This was the most difficult part because I already had much of the story written and the plot was solidified in my head. It was hard to change the plot to match our assignment, without completely losing what I had written previously. This had me frustrated as I didn’t want to lose all that I’ve done. This is when I reached out to Prof Blain and she showed me that my previous plot can actually be connected with what I touched upon on Unit 2. All I needed was some slight change, and to make it very clear how the plot and the issues are connected.

After finishing the story I’d say I’m pretty happy with it. It is a decent story, one that is interesting and has a lot of different choices. Choices that aren’t cliche and more realistic for the average character. Though there are a variety of choices I felt that some of the choices could’ve had more depth to them. I had many interesting ideas for side quests that could be used to develop character, but it was hard to incorporate those while giving the user broad choices.