"Game On, Python!"

Dragon- Marc Polidor

Its been a long boring day at school for Kazuma. Kazuma doesn’t really have friends because he doesn’t really know how to socialize with people, and he doesn’t like awkward situations. So to avoid all all of that, Kazuma rather likes being alone and unbothered. On his day home he looks dead inside, with his hoodie on walking slowly to the train station. When he gets on the train, he looks out the window and starts humming one of his favorite song. When the train starts moving he sits back in his seat, looks up and makes a random wish. Then after 5 stops later, he gets off the train and slowly walks home. When he arrives home, he realized that no one is going to be home for another four hours because your family is at your sisters school show. With out a second thought, he goes to his room and belly flops into his bead. As his eyes start shutting, he hears someone calling his name, and as he opens his eyes he sees a flying cat that has wings as a dragon, black and red fur, and glowing red eyes. In shock Damian quickly jumps backwards off his bed and lands on his back. He quickly runs to the corner of his room and picks up a ruler to defend himself. The cat dragon thing tilts his head in confusion and asks Damian “What’s wrong with you?”. Damian in total shock asks the cat dragon thing “What are you and what do you want”. The cat speaks and says “I am something created from your imagination and I came to ask you something.”

Kazuma says “From my imagination, what the hell are you on about”. The cat dragon thing flies towards Kazuma and as it does that he says “What are you doing” and he himself starts walking backwards. The cat dragon looks annoyed and asks Kazuma “Why are you so afraid? I’m not going to hurt you”. Kazuma says “how do I know your not lying to me right now.” The cat says “If I truly wanted to hurt you, I would’ve been did it by now.” Kazuma kind of relaxes and looks up to the cat and says “What are you here for”. The cat smirks and says “I’m here to fulfill the wish you made on that train and spice things up in your life” Kazuma looks concerned and asks “How are you going to do that?”

The cat makes a door and says “Walking through this door will allow you to teleport into any random world that you’ve seen with your eyes. It can be anything from what you’ve imagined, seen in comics, movies or even books that you’ve read. It’s up to you if you want to take that risk and walk into that new world. Now… What will you do?”

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Oh what a wonderful setup! You’ve got the potential for an unlimited number of IF stories. I’m wondering what the ultimate end-game is: for Kazuma to simply became the best version of himself? That’s fine, but when you write the IF narrative, you might have the cat dragon hint at a larger reward by the end of their time together. That sets up another layer of questions for the player/reader to answer (or look for the answers to). Nicely done so far.