"Game On, Python!"

Story- Muneim Shahriar

• Write for seven minutes about your first memory of technology. What, when, who was there, why, how.

–  Technology is really a great thing. In today’s world it is everywhere, in my view I cannot recall a person who has not used any kind of technology. it has become part of our life so deeply that we do not even notice that we are using some sword of advanced technology. I do not remember my first time using a technology, but I do remember television was one of them. In childhood when I cry my mom used to put on a music channel or a cartoon channel on tv, so I stop crying. I think that is how I became obsessed with movies and tv shows. Any ways back than I used to think that someone is inside the box (television) moving and singing, so I was pretty curious, but later my mom explained that it was just lights moving and the sounds were coming from speaker. I said I don’t understand mom and that’s when she said it is just a type of magic, you will understand when you grow up.

• Write for seven minutes about an event or person that made such an impact on you that you chose the major/career you are heading for. What, when, who, why, how.

– One day I went to a party and I meet with a guy who is my elder brother’s friend, and he works in IT sector of a company. So, I talked to him about his job and what he does there. He said many things about his job, and some of those really inspired me, to choose this field. Few of those are (1) it is a high demanding job, if are good at programing and networking than you will never be jobless, there will always be someone who wants to hire you. (2) you can make a change in others life. (3) They pay high salary. (4) If you like playing with technology and good at math than you will do great in this field. (5) This field is huge this has a wide Varieties of jobs so if you do not like a job than you can always change. What he said mostly matches with my interests, that is the reason why I choose to study on Computer Information Systems.

1. Akash Patel

The second half part is connected to what I have done last few years as I talk with new people who are college student and doing programing. I have got a lot of detailed information from them how programing work and what it takes to be done? When they were telling me I thought it’s not that hard to work on programing but now when I started doing, it makes me feel tough then them. Overall the story it’s perfect and interesting to look over.

2. Edgar Garcia

I relate to the second part because my friend that got me interested in this major also explained the growing demand for CS type jobs and how well they pay. It also jumped out to me when you explained that you can make changes in peoples lives with a CS degree, I feel exactly the same way and it connects to me a lot because I hope one day I am able to at least change one persons life in a positive way with a programming.

3. Ria Arora

The first part was so relatable where you said that you thought the tv characters were dancing and moving in that box and what your mother explained about it. Even I used to ask these type of questions to my mother and she gave me the same answer, “you will know when you grow up”. 🙂