It’s hard to recall my earliest memory of technology, but If I were to guess I believe it was when I was in first grade. I wasn’t very techy because my family didn’t have much knowledge of the technological world. I remember I was introduced to this world because of school, and my cousin. My older cousin who I adored was currently at highschool at the time and it felt like she was on her laptop at all times. I noticed having a laptop meant that she needed nothing else. She didn’t need any other tools to do anything because the laptop put the world at her fingertips. She would no longer watch tv because she could find it on the laptop, or ask people questions because the same answer was on the internet always. This is when I realized how amazing technology and the internet was. The limitless possibilities of the internet had me in awe. It was when I did my first school project when I actually got a feel for technology and saw how I could use it to benefit myself. Using Microsoft Word to create a poster rather than writing and drawing it, was able to make my work much easier and of higher quality. I was able to make it more aesthetic by adding pictures from the internet and adding borders. It was amazing.

Β Much of my immediate, and non immediate family were immigrants who came here trying to establish a life for themselves without much knowledge of this new world, or education. I saw many people struggling financially because of the large amount of people they needed to support. One of the only people that I really saw thriving was my uncle who was in a different line of work from everyone else. He was in the IT field and clearly living very comfortably.Β  I got to know him pretty well through conversation. I remember it was when I was invited to his house for a family gathering, and I was admiring the pretty marble floors, and fancy furniture. This is when his success in the field inspired me to do the same thing. I’ve done much research and heard a lot from people that are working in this field, and I have come to the conclusion that it is a very profitable and good field. Going into this field would not only require me to learn very useful and interesting skills, but skills that are highly sought for too. This is why I chose this major.