"Game On, Python!"

Story- Diana Saprykina

My first memory of technology is when I was ten or eleven. I think it was when I got my first phone, but it wasn’t iPhone or Samsung, it was one of those old phones when you did not have touch screen such as Nokia, and I remember I hated that phone and I always wanted a good phone, but my dad was so stubborn. He is one of those people that say you need a phone only for phone calls. I was asking him to buy me a better phone for so long. So one day, I got really mad. When I went for a walk, I just threw that phone away, and when I got back home, I said I lost it. When I did it. I thought he is going to buy me a new phone, but I was wrong. He found me a job so I can work and make money and buy the phone I wanted. I was mad, but now I understand why he did it, and I am thankful. Now I know if I want something, I should work for it and rely only on myself.

My major is a computer system and honestly, I never thought that’s where I am going to end up. A few years ago, my uncle took IT courses in California, and he found a good job. He told me many different things about his job and I got excited. I think it’s very interesting. So, the main reason why I choose this field is that i can work from home, or I can travel and work. I never wanted to have an office job because it’s boring. You can have a flexible schedule. For now, I work in a medical office from 9-7. That is why I understand that’s not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to be able to work from anywhere and get paid. I think freelance in the best job you can have it and you have higher chances to get something like that in this field.

1. Shadman Khan

It’s crazy this story is very similar to my life experiences as well. My first phone was a nokia that was good for nothing but calling but I still remembering feeling like it was the coolest thing in the world. I found it funny because reading your story unlocked a memory of my parents saying the same thing as you. They also mentioned that a phone was only necessary for making phone calls, and higher grade phone was not a smart buy. I also remember getting very mad at my parents for leaving me with an older version of a phone while everyone was getting the newer models. Also I’m pursuing this field for the same reasons as you so that’s kinda nice!