From what I’ve seen so far, the very first main ingredient for digital literacy narrative is to have some type of device such as a laptop, a phone, or even a tablet where you can communicate or share ideas on. This is very important because if you’re too late with learning how to use a computer especially in 2020, it’s going to be very difficult for you to understand things because these days people share their ideas through text and emails so it’s so it’s better to learn now instead of learning later when technology is too advanced and you don’t know where to start. Then the very next “ingredient” for digital literacy  keep up with technology as it improves throughout time. Every time a new software or update comes out, it’s better to learn it as best you can because it can really benefit your future. In Holly Engels’s essay on her experiences on digital Literacy, she states “If that changes I will have to either learn a whole new teaching style and adapt when I am 40
years old or the school system will simply let me and all other older teachers to get a new generation of teachers in that were trained in the new ways of life.” With what she said, I believe that i’ll be better to learn a whole new teaching style because it can also come with benefits such as, learning can be funner and also it could be easier to teach some kids because they are already used to the new generation of technology, so instead of getting new teachers I believe it can also be a learning experience for the teachers as well. And also in Mary Tamayo’s essay on “What digital literacy means to Me” also stated that in high school, they had to do research papers and power points, this is a great learning experience because the digital world such as eBooks offer you so much information to do those research papers, and it can make students learn more and if they need even more information, it can be easily accessible.

A place to get started on your own DNL is to join those social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook because those websites are a great place to share ideas and communicate with people. Not only that, using some social media platforms can also enable you to collaborate with your teachers and that can make learning at home possible. And if you need extra help, you have the option of face timing your teacher if you need to.

A great digital educational experience I had was when I was in 11th grade. My teacher used Kahoot for the first time to see how that would work in our class. And lucky for her, the students (including me) loved it because it brought out a competitive learning style that I enjoyed. It made students want to study more so they can win and the teacher also included prizes for the winners.